Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the geographic locations for prospective fellowship placements?
Fellowship locations may vary each year and within each track. Feel free to explore the geographical locations of all past and current fellows under the Meet our Scholars and Fellows.
- When does the fellowship year begin, and can I apply to the fellowship during various times throughout the fellowship year?
The fellowship timelines depend on the Tracks and Programs. Please see the MATRIX CaSE Application Handbook for up-to-date information.
- What do fellows do?
Fellows work directly on projects and activities across the CaSE’s competency areas. For examples of their work, you can visit What is a Fellow and browse through current scholar and fellow bios.
- When do applications open?
This varies among different programs/ tracks of your choice. Follow the MATRIX CaSE LinkedIn page for the most up-to-date information and deadlines.
- What happens after I submit my application? When will I be notified if I have been selected to be a CaSE fellow? Should I call or email CaSE Fellowship Program to follow up on my application?
After you submit CaSE general application, you will receive a confirmation email acknowledging the receipt of your application. The CaSE Program team will get back to you regarding your status in 2-4 weeks. This is usually the amount of time required to score and select applicants, coordinate with the institution offering the program, and prepare onboarding documents. After four weeks, if you still do not receive an email update from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the status of your application. Please be sure that our emails are not going to your Spam folder.
Also, please note that being accepted into your program of choice, does not guarantee that you are accepted as a CaSE scholar/fellow and vice versa. CaSE tries to coordinate as best they can with the program institutions offering the courses to assess applicants and provide coordinated responses.
- What are the requirements to apply to the program?
Please be aware that for each program, there are specific application requirements that may differ from the MATRIX CaSE application requirements. Your program of choice may have different program-specific requirements. Please check the table at Page 3 of the handbook for requirements.
- Can I apply to multiple fellowship tracks?
Yes, you may apply to up to three (3) fellowship tracks. However, the most successful placements occur when candidates apply for fellowships where they are qualified and have skills that are applicable to the selected fellowship tracks.
- How much are Fellows’ stipends?
Refer to the updated information regarding stipends in different tracks in MATRIX CaSE handbook.
- Where can I find more information for different fellowship tracks?
For more information on track descriptions, program-specific eligibility, application materials, visit the MATRIX CaSE handbook.
- Who can I reach out to if I have questions?
If you have more questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.